I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Thursday 16 June 2011

Day 8 - Fit Inner Stem to Strongback

The inner stem has been cleaned up (excess epoxy removed) and screwed to the strongback and fixed to the mould at station 1 with a temporary bracket. I bevelled the front corners of the stem at 45 degrees so that there will be less material to remove when it is being faired.

Two temporary battens have been nailed to the moulds for support to keep them vertical. these will be removed or maybe lowered as the planking progresses.

No comments: