I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 34 - Glued Up More Floors and Boards For Sternsheets

Glued up the rest of the laminated floors for stations 3, 6 and 9. Here they are sitting in the sun to give the epoxy a bit of a hurry up.


Glued some narrow boards together to make wider boards for the sternsheets. These boards are about 1.7 metres long so the clamping was a bit tricky - have to keep them flat while applying pressure the the edges. Need more clamps!


Started shaping the floors laminated earlier and found a mistake. The first batch of laminations should have had another strip when they were glued (fortunately todays batch have an extra strip). Here is a photo of a finished lamination next to one that is still in its grotty state. The lower piece has been shaped to fit nicely against the planks of the hull with a nice fair curve across the top. Unfortunately, it is too thin. It may be possible to fix this by gluing another lamination to the top - at least I hope so!



No comments: