I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Monday 29 August 2011

Brisbane Boat Show

No work done on the boat for a week because it has been at the Brisbane Boat Show in a display of wooden boats by the Brisbane branch of the Wooden Boat Association. It was displayed as a "work in progress" to give people an idea of the construction process.

Here is a poor photo of my boat in a line of finished boats. It was difficult to take a photo of the boat against the light coming through the large windows.


I brought the boat home today so I should be able to get back to work on it tomorrow.

No comments: