I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Sunday 17 July 2011

Days 17, 18 and 19 - More Planks

Days 17 and 18 spent fitting the third and fourth planks. It takes me most of a day to go through the process of fitting a pair of planks. This involves fairing the stem and transom, bevelling the edge of the previous planks, cutting the gains at the stem, making a pattern for the new planks, cutting the new planks and finally gluing and clamping them in place. It all adds up to a long days work!




On day 19 I scarph jointed the second two sheets of ply. Take two 8 x 4 sheets, rip them lengthways into four 8 x 2 sheets, scarph join these in pairs to make two 16 x 2 sheets and then go do something else until the glue dries. 


No comments: