I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 25 - Outer Gunwales Fitted

The outer gunwales have been fitted and glued in place. This was a very sticky job! Lining up the gluey gunwale at the stem and clamping it in place was quite tricky while working single handed. Here are some photos of the result.

There isn't much more actual building work to do on the outside of the hull. I will add a thin hardwood strip to the keel as a sacrificial wear strip to be replaced if/when necessary and then seal the outside with epoxy prior to painting the shearstrake with varnish and primer below that. Then turn the hull over and finish the inside.







No comments: