I wanted a rowing boat in the style that I remember from my childhood in England and eventually decided to build one myself. After a lot of reading and web searching I chose an Iain Oughtred design, the Acorn 15. For a description of the Acorn 15 click here.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email


Saturday 5 November 2011

Days 40 to 43 - The Last Stages

Over the past few days the forward thwart knees and the rest of the spacer blocks have been fitted. The inner gunwale could then be shaped, scarf joints at both ends made it a tricky job with lots of trial and trimming, and glued in place. The backrest for the stern seat was laminated from 3 pieces of 4 mm ply over a curved former and, after the epoxy set, shaped to fit.

The photos below show the boat as it is today. The next jobs are to do a lot of sanding followed by varnishing and painting it inside and out respectively. This will take a while!




No comments: